Why Cybersecurity is Important Today
As advancing technologies and smart devices become more widely available, and the more society adopts digital alternatives, the more important it is for sensitive data to be protected.
Consider these daily activities that you may participate in:
- Completing an online transaction with a credit card
- Using your phone to store your credit card information (and pay-by-phone at checkout)
- Surfing the internet without using the incognito function
- Signing up for an email list
- Applying for a credit card online
These simple tasks may seem harmless. However, there is no guarantee the technology you’re using is private and secure from outsiders who might want to use, and even sell your information. These types of breaches happen daily on an individual and organizational scale
Reports showing trends in cyber threats
Show that in the last year threat levels have increased from 25 threats a day to almost 500,000 a day. This statistic shows the importance of having cybersecurity measures in place to fight such attacks. Without vigilance, cybersecurity challenges can become harmful to your infrastructure. It is important to understand your risk.