As technology evolves, the demand for tech-savvy individuals continues to grow. At Purdue Global, we offer online information technology (IT) degrees and are committed to helping you develop both the skills and the core business strengths for career success in a high-tech economy.
Whether your focus is cybersecurity, network administration, or project management, Purdue Global faculty presents you with real-world scenarios to develop your skills and are available through email, instant messaging, and phone calls as well as weekly online seminars.
Learn more about Purdue Global’s cybersecurity degree programs.
Online Bachelors of Art Degrees
BS in Information Technology
There are several benefits when choosing Purdue Global’s online classes for information technology. The ExcelTrackTM Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is a personalized, competency-based education that gives you more control over how you learn—getting you to the same degree faster, for less money.
Additionally, optional IT internship opportunities are designed to provide you valuable career experience while building credentials within your field. Students and graduates also have access to many informative resources, which outlines careers and resume advice from Purdue Global faculty.
Purdue Global’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, www.abet.org.
The online bachelor’s degree program provides you with rigorous training designed to prepare you for entry-level positions across the field of cybersecurity. As a graduate, you should be able to implement current and emerging practices, and understand the significance of security management in today’s society. The curriculum emphasizes the need to obtain relevant certifications to excel in the cybersecurity field.
Bachelor Degree Programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- ExcelTrackTM Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Online Master’s Degrees
Online MS in Cybersecurity Management
Purdue Global’s master’s degree program is designed to prepare you for leadership roles directing and protecting critical information infrastructures. You’ll study how to develop, implement, evaluate, and update the security policies and practices that help organizations respond effectively to cyber attacks. As a graduate, you could be skilled in the management of information continuity, asset clarification and control, compliance management, incident response, and secure administration of information systems.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management Program Highlights
Program outcomes for this degree include:
- Theory and Principles: Evaluate theories, framework, principles, and best practices related to cybersecurity science and technology by assessing and reviewing recent cybersecurity literature and industry publications.
- Industry Research: Demonstrate the maturity to develop research topics based on cybersecurity underlying principles learned throughout the MSCM program.
- Decision Analysis: Analyze data using statistical principles for the purpose of developing or/and supporting a hypothesis.
- Critical and Analytical Thinking: Apply appropriate theories, including Request for Comments (RFCs), within cybersecurity science and technology to evaluate and mitigate risk in contexts of uncertainty.
Additional Graduate Tracks
- Graduate Certificate in Information Security
- Information Security Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Microsoft Operating Systems Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- Programming and Software Development Postbaccalaureate Certificate
Online Certificate Programs
Because hackers could infiltrate a network if a firewall shuts down for even a minute, information security, including protecting databases with a range of policies, products, technologies, and procedures, is more important than ever.
Prepare for Certification
With this graduate certificate, you may be eligible to take the Certified Ethical Hacking certification exam.
Graduate Certificate in Information Security Program Highlights
The online Graduate Certificate in Information Security’s curriculum provides you with the opportunity to:
- Study to acquire the knowledge, skills, and confidence to help you advance in the IT field.†
- Explore network operating systems, network security, threat detection and response methods, disaster recovery planning, cryptography, and information security and risk management.
Related Blog Posts
Judain and the Cyber Caliphate Hackers' story ends in death. Several key elements of this story will be discussed. Click to read this Hollywood movie plot.
Team Poison and its leader, Judain 'Trick' Hussain, drew international attention with their hacks. The fact that they were mostly teens didn't limit them.